Dogs Should Never Drink Coffee

If your dog gets a hold of your coffee and drinks it, call your vet or animal poison control immediately. Caffeine found in coffee can be extremely toxic or poisonous to dogs especially small dogs. If your dog accidentally takes a few sips with his tongue then he will probably be fine. But don’t take chances, call your vet and tell him what has happened. Your vet may request to see your dog in the office right away or even send you to an emergency veterinarian. It’s important to keep your coffee away from your dog and out of his reach at all times. Treat coffee like you would chocolate. It’s not safe and shouldn’t be kept around your pets. If you do have to call animal poison control be ready to tell them the brand of coffee, the caffeine content, and any other ingredient information. Call and talk with your veterinary clinic Ellicott, MD for options and treatment. Read more here.

Dogs Should Never Drink Coffee

Post a comment

Private comment

Search form
Display RSS link.
Link
Friend request form

Want to be friends with this user.

QR code
QR